Name: Dr. Ishwar Chandra Kumar
Service [I.A.S] : 1961 batch (Bihar Cadre)
- Ph.D[State, Agrarian Society & Landlord – A Study of Colonial Bihar] 1912-47(P.U.)
- M.A [Political Science] 1959 (P.U.)
- M.A [History] 1959 (P.U.)
- Institute of Local Government Studies, [Birmingham] U.K 1974-75.
- Attended Short Term Training Courses on Various Facets of Governance.
- Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi (1969)
- Administrative Staff College, Hyderabad (1972)
- National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad (1984)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (1986)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (1987)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (1991)
- C.M.C, Calcutta (1992).
- Vice Chancellor, Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara, Bihar [2003-06]
- Advisor, Ministry of Agriculture, Corporation and Consumer Affairs, Government of India [1996-97 December].
- Hon. Chairman, Recruitment committee of Power Grid Corporation of India, New Delhi[1996-98].
- Administrator, Biscoman[ In the scale and Rank of Chief Secretary, Government of Bihar] April 1994- january 1995.
- Principal Secretary, Food & Consumer affairs Department, Bihar[Feb 1992- Mar 1994] & Director, Bihar State Food Corporation, Patna [1992-1994].
- Principal Secretary, Project Planning and Institutional Finance Department, Bihar [April 1991-January 1992].
- Principal Secretary, Water Resources Development Department, Bihar [Dec 1989 – march 1991] & Chairman, Bihar State Water Development Corporation, Patna.
- Principal Secretary, Planning and Development Department, Bihar [1988-89].
- Principal Secretary, Road Construction Department, Bihar [Nov 1987- Jul 1988].
- Chairman and Member, Bihar Electricity Board[April 1985- oct 1987].
- Chief Personnel Manager, Bokaro Steel Plant [ July 1972- Feb 1974] & Supervised the Recruitment of Twelve Thousand Work Force for this plant.
- Deputy Commissioner, Ranchi and Singbhum[1969 and June 1972]
- Additonal Director Industries, Patna[July 1968 – June 1969]
- Deputy Secretary, Finance [ Dec 1965 – June 1968]
- SDO(Khunti), Ranchi[May 1963-March 1965]
- Hon. President, Sulabh International Social Service Organisation, Patna Since July 2007.
- Working Chairman, Veer Kunwar Singh Educational Trust.
- Trustee, Vikram Sheela Educational Trust, Bangalore.
- Vice-Chairman, TAPINDU Urban Co-operative bank, Patna.
- President, Sulabh Sanitation Mission Foundation.
- महिला सशक्तिकरण के सपने : कितने पुरे, कितने अधूरे
- बिहार के प्राशासनिक तंत्र का विकास – सौ साल का बिहार : विविध आयाम, प्रकाशक – बिहार विधान परिषद् , पटना, 2011.
- State, Agrarian Society and Landlords – A Study of Colonial Bihar [ 1912-47], Delhi – 2010
- बौद्धिक समाज की चुनौतियाँ
- शाहाबाद के सपूत भारत के गौरव
- उपभोक्ता अपना अधिकार जाने
- गाँधी दर्शन (सम्पादक)
- कृषि विकाश : समस्या एवं संभावनाएँ (संपादक)
- पर्यावरण अध्यन (प्रधान संपादक )
Area of Specialization :
Personnel Management, Educational Development,
Environmental Protection and Consumer Movement.